I had a wonderful opportunity to share about my experiences in China to local community members through an event at the Simpson Public Library of the Cumberland County Library System. I presented, “Armchair Travel: Heading East: A Traveler’s Perspective on China. During the presentation I shared a slideshow featuring photos from my 2014 and 2016 trip. I discussed time in Beijing and visiting the Forbidden City, Great Wall, Summer Palace, and hutongs. I discussed time in Hangzhou and Shanghai, and I talked about the benefits of doing activities off the beaten track such as a visit to the National Library or the Symphony. I also discussed daily life including religion, food, travel, and safety. Several audience members had trips to China planned in the next several months and I think that they found the information useful. And it never hurts to advertise some of the great courses and study abroad options offered by Messiah College! I’m already looking forward to 2019!
- Information Literacy in Politics
- Not Just Another Assignment: Prepping for PaLA Annual Conference – poster session
- Digital Literacy, Information Literacy and Connectivism
- How Information Literacy Could Have Saved this Korean War Memorial
- Monkey see… monkey take selfie and start copyright war!
- The Science Librarian is Wandering Around in the Humanities Building Again!
- Some Progress on Middle State Standards
- Adapting to Reality
- Responding to Middle States Commission on Higher Education PROPOSED accreditation standards
- Do you use QR Codes?
Tagsacrobat activities admission airbnb app Atlanta beihai_park beijing buddhist characters chin101 china christianity church class computer confucius copyright cost culture_shock discovery dreams email embassy family Food forbidden_city friendship genealogy goooo... greatwall great_wall hangzhou hutong islam italian jingshan_park korea language library mahjong mandarin mao_zedong media mosque museum music naples networking numbers photography planning pollution preparation refernce reflection religon restaurant rickshaw scam sky solo_travel summer_palace symphony technology temple textbook tiananmen_square tiantan travel tripe tutor visa williamsburg yuan
We’d Be Honore… on Family Ties Splitting the Heart… on Hutong Some Final Reflectio… on Falling in Love….. … Some Final Reflectio… on Blue! Some Final Reflectio… on Hutong